Roasted Grape Crostini
A totally innovative taste that will surprise the palate of your guests.
- 3 cups seedless red or green grapes halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 24 slices bread baguette cut diagonally 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup shaved Manchego or Romano cheese
- thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 400°. Toss rst ve ingredients; spread in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Roast until grapes are lightly browned and softened, 30-35 minutes. Stir in orange zest.
Preheat broiler. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Top with warm grape mixture; sprinkle with cheese and basil.